Thursday, October 2, 2008

Summer 2008 Highlights

For our summer vacation we took a short trip to Idaho. We drove to Twin Falls and took a tour of the new temple. This was the first temple the kids have seen and they were excited. Of course it was beautiful inside and out.





We stayed overnight in Twin Falls. The next day we went to the Shoshone Falls. We enjoyed the waterfalls then hiked around to see the different views of the Falls.






On our way home we drove to the City of Rocks. The kids enjoyed climbing around on all the rocks. It was neat to see all the different rocks big and small. We want to go back and go camping because the campground is really cool. They have camp sites nestled up under big rocks. It was a big playground for all of us.






In May Riley had his birthday and turned 8 yrs old. He enjoyed some new transformers and a new bike. He also helped me with his transformer cake.





Riley made the choice to be baptized and was very excited to become a member of the Church





In June Jesse had her 11th birthday. She helped me with her Ipod cake. She enjoyed some new clothes, and her favorite gummie bears.




The not so fun thing that happened this summer was Jesse broke her arm. What happened was Jesse's cousin had invited her over to go swimming in the pool they set up in their backyard. I didn't have a good feeling about her going because the cousin's parents were at work and her older sister was the only other one to watch them. So I didn't let her go and I told the kids we could set up our swimming pool. We have a round sand pile where we set up the pool or keep the trampoline. I moved the trampoline off to the side and left it on a little hill so it was slanted. As I was working on the pool Jesse started jumping on the tramp and lost her balance and fell off catching herself with her wrist. She was screaming in pain because she got the wind knocked out of her. Her wrist started to swell and we went to the doctor. The good news was it wasn't actually broken the bone was just compressed and fractured. She did have to wear a cast for one month. She choose her favorite color orange and the nurse even put green glitter on.











1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Looks like you are the Queen of b-day cakes. I know who to call now! Sorry I'm no help with the video thing. I think Rachel has done it before. She's very smart!