Adam Grant Mecham
Look at all the dark black hair.

Monday morning when I woke up I thought I was leaking a little amniotic fluid so I called my doctor, he said go to the Hospital and get checked out. We got the kids to school and went to the Hospital. The nurses checked me using a paper strip that is suppose to turn blue if its amniotic fluid. The strip didn't turn blue so they sent me home. I was very upset, because I knew something was going on. We went home and Jace went to work I layed down for a nap and when I woke up and started walking around I was really leaking. I called Jace and asked what he thought we should do. We already felt stupid for the false alarm earlier. I called the nurse who tested me that morning she said if it was amniotic fluid I should start having contractions in the next hour or so. Jace and I decided to wait a couple hours. At about 4:00 pm we called the doctor again he said go to the hospital and tell the nurses to not do anything and wait for him to check me. When the doctor checked he said I was leaking amniotic fluid and he went ahead and broke my water. I did start having contractions but they wern't that strong so I got pitocin to help. I got the epidural before I had to experience any really bad contractions. The rest went fast and Adam was born at 9:09 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 20 inches long.

Monday morning when I woke up I thought I was leaking a little amniotic fluid so I called my doctor, he said go to the Hospital and get checked out. We got the kids to school and went to the Hospital. The nurses checked me using a paper strip that is suppose to turn blue if its amniotic fluid. The strip didn't turn blue so they sent me home. I was very upset, because I knew something was going on. We went home and Jace went to work I layed down for a nap and when I woke up and started walking around I was really leaking. I called Jace and asked what he thought we should do. We already felt stupid for the false alarm earlier. I called the nurse who tested me that morning she said if it was amniotic fluid I should start having contractions in the next hour or so. Jace and I decided to wait a couple hours. At about 4:00 pm we called the doctor again he said go to the hospital and tell the nurses to not do anything and wait for him to check me. When the doctor checked he said I was leaking amniotic fluid and he went ahead and broke my water. I did start having contractions but they wern't that strong so I got pitocin to help. I got the epidural before I had to experience any really bad contractions. The rest went fast and Adam was born at 9:09 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 20 inches long.
Proud Father and great husband!
Grandma Mecham stayed with the kids, she brought them to the hospital to see their new brother shortly after he was born.

Riley was so excited. They both have been a huge help to me and are willing to help in any way.
On Thursday at Adam's first doctor appt. we found out he has Jaundice, so he has had to be on the Billibed. We have to keep him on it as much as possible. This has been hard because I and everyone else just want to hold him. Jace has had to take him to the hospital everyday to get his foot pricked and blood drawn to check his billirubin levels. I hope and pray he gets better fast. I hate the light bed!
Adam has spent alot of time being naked because of his light bed. Isn't he CUTE!
8 comments:
Aaawwwwwww!! He is so cute! Congratulations you guys...everyone looks like they are going to just love him to pieces! Probably never get put down, right?! And so alert already, how sweet! Hope you're feeling well Alyssa, enjoy these precious moments!!
He is adorable!! I love his dark hair. I hope you are getting at least a little sleep :)
He's adorable! Can't wait to see him in person! Luvs Aunt Launi :)
Congratulations! He is SO darn cute!
Congrats you guys!Oh and not another May baby after all. He is adorable. Did you know we are having a girl in August? Wish we saw you guys more along with the rest of the family. Hope things are going well.
JaNean
He is so cute! Congrats to you and your family! Sorry about the jaundice...I know it stinks big time. Hopefully he'll be off the lights soon so you can hold him a lot!
He is ADORABLE!! So perfect! Cna't wait to see him!
He's gorgeous you guys!! CONGRATS! He will bring so much joy to your family. What a precious boy!
Post a Comment