Thursday, May 28, 2009

One Month Old


We have decided Adam looks like a monkey. He is very hairy, he has dark eyes, his hairline curves around like a monkey, his ears are set low, and he has long arms and big hands. Jesse has always loved monkeys and has wanted a real baby chimp, I told her that her baby brother was as close to a monkey as she was going to get.

Adam is a good baby, he is very patient when being passed around between his older siblings. He doesn't cry much unless he is hungry. He does like to be held. I am looking forward to the summer when Jesse can help me more. Jesse has been great to help with diapers, baths, feedings, burping, and her favorite picking out outfits and dressing the baby.
I don't know how much he weighs for sure I'm guessing around 9 lbs. I do know that he is 2 inches longer. Adam has been a blessing to our lives and we are enjoying every minute.

We were talking about the age difference and it was hard to come to terms with the fact that when Adam starts kindergarten Jesse will be finishing High School and Riley will be 14. Jace and I could have been emptynesters, but instead we will have to do elementary school again. Also by the time Adam is the age Jesse is now (12) Jesse could be married and have her own kids. CRAZY!

If I could have planned my own life I would not have had such a big age gap, but of course this happened for reasons I don't understand right now. Jace and I always felt like there was one more spirit waiting to be a part of our family and I know one day I will understand why we had to wait so long for Adam to bless our family.

5 comments:

Becky said...

What a cute little monkey you have.
I bet Jesse is an awesome help.

Florence Family said...

The monkey is adorable, but hands down, Adam is much cuter.
Lindsi

Kimberly said...

Here's a great thought ... you could have another one so that there won't be as much of an age gap between Adam and Baby #4.

Launi said...

Oh I love him! Aunt Nauni needs to get her butt up there and see that little monkey (who is much cuter than a monkey)! :D

Rachel said...

I like Kim's comment!! I know for some reason what the Lord wants isn't always what is in our own plans :) I have also learned that.

I think he is adorable.