Then we decorated Halloween sugar cookies, while we had a lesson and discussion on being courteous and using good manners.
Decorating cookies has been a family tradtion every year. With my queasy stomach I almost skipped making cookies this year, but didn't want to disappoint the kids They love making and eating the cookies.
On Wednesday Riley needed to decorate a pumpkin for school. His class was assigned a western theme. He of course wanted to have a whip. Because I have been very tired and have no energy I didn't want to carve or paint. So Riley and I made a Mr. Pumpkin head. Jace helped with the whip. We thought it turned out pretty good.
On Thursday we found some time to carve pumpkins. Yes they are huge. We waited until the last minute to get pumpkins and so we went to Kents grocery store they had a few left, but all the pumpkins were large and heavy.
We have never carved pumpkins so big, they were thick and hard to clean out thank goodness Jace did all the hard work. He has been great to step in and help me!
On Friday I didn't want to make dinner so I asked Jace to stop and get a pumpkin Papa Murphy's pizza. He called and ordered it early, but still had to wait in line for 30 min. I guess the pumpkin pizza was very popular.
Jesse dressed as a punk witch
Riley dressed as a Skelator or as he says the Devil's brother

We had fun at the trunk-or-treat. I enjoy seeing all the kids dressed up. I do have to complain a little. I think this year more people came to trick or treat, but less people decided to hand out candy. Whats up with that?
We had fun at the trunk-or-treat. I enjoy seeing all the kids dressed up. I do have to complain a little. I think this year more people came to trick or treat, but less people decided to hand out candy. Whats up with that?
Happy Halloween 2008!!
2 comments:
I thought skelator was on HE-Man? Did you watch that when you were a kid? I loved it!!
What fun traditions you have!
K so obviously I need super-mom lessons from you. Martha Stewart move over! Sorry you're feeling icky - I don't miss that feeling.
Post a Comment