Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Fun


We decided at the last minute to go to Heber City, Utah to the Cowboy Poetry and Buckaroo Fair. We were even lucky enough to get tickets to the Ian Tyson Concert Friday night. So friday after school we drove to Grandma Mecham's house and she was happy to spend time with the grandkids. While grandma and the kids went to the movies, Jace and I drove to Heber. We also found out Jace's brother and his wife were going to the concert also, so we met them there.

Ian Tyson
We enjoyed the concert. Waddie Mitchell was the host and he did a little of his cowboy poetry. Ian Tyson didn't sound the same, I guess he got a bad virus and it damaged his vocal chords which changed the way his voice sounded. He voice was higher and he has lost his low range. He was still alot of fun to listen to. I had my camera, but pictures weren't aloud in the concert. After the concert we were waiting to get Ian Tyson's autograph and maybe a picture. When this guy started talking to us asking if we were going to the dance, we weren't going to go because it cost extra, but this guy said he could get us in for free. While this guy was talking to us Ian got up and left so I still didn't get a picture. We did go to the dance, there was a live band playing "buckaroo" music so it was fun to dance too. We didn't stay long, because it was getting late.

Waddie Mitchell
As we were walking to the car, I saw Waddie Mitchell. He was talking to some other guys and as I walked past I touched his arm and told him he did a good job. He said thanks. It was to awkward to ask for a picture so no I didn't get any pictures. We walked through the parking lot and saw a old dodge flatbed ranch truck with Nevada plates parked kinda of by us. Jace said I bet that is Waddie Mitchells truck (he is from Nevada) I said no he has to have a nicer truck, but sure enough we watched him get in the old truck and drive away as we were driving away. We had alot of fun and the kids had a great time with grandma (Thanks Grandma!!!).

No comments: