Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is it Spring Yet?!!!

We are definitely ready for winter to be over and warmer temps to melt the snow and dry up the mud so we can go out and play! Other than wishing for a warm up we have been doing a few things. Jesse is the busiest , she is taking guitar lessons from the music teacher at Weber High so we drive her to Ogden once a week. She also recently had her school Science Fair. She did her project on "How temperature affects mold growth" She had 3 pieces of bread one in the fridge, one on the counter, and one down by the fireplace. The one by the fireplace (the warmest place) grew mold the fastest, so her results matched her hypotheses. I could have posted the pictures she took of the moldy bread but I thought I would spare whoever is reading this the grossness.

Jesse was also taking a 4H photography class with her friend. She really enjoyed the class and learned alot. Check out some of her pictures below
Jesse and her friend's cool shoes

The last class they went to the Bird Refuge to take pictures.
The flag at the Bird Refuge. This was Jesse favorite picture she took.
As for the rest of us-Riley is waiting for spring soccor to start. He recently started getting a Lego magazine in the mail he loves them. He guards them with his life to make sure Adam doesn't get them and destroy them. He has started saving his money to buy of course more Legos.
I have talked Jace into another home improvement project (I think instead of having a shoe fetish I have a home improvement fetish). In November we remodeled the kids bathroom we put in tile floors and moved some plumbing so we could have a pedestool sink and put beadboard up on the walls. Then in January we did the same to the masterbath. Now to the new project, we have two closets in the kitchen and I wanted to eliminate one and put in some more cabinets and a desk. So this weekend we started the demo which was interupted by a trip to the emergency room. While using the wrong tool for the job Jace cut his index finger on his right hand. He needed a screwdriver but didn't want to get off the ladder so he used his chisel (that he had just sharpened) instead. He ended up needing 6 stiches. He asked me if I would have still married him if he wasn't so handy. Of course I would he would just have to make more money to pay someone else to do the projects and support my fetish. I will have to post the before and after pictures when the kitchen is done.
Adam is getting big, his balance is getting better, he will stand up in the middle of the room with out holding on to anything and will take a few steps on his own. It won't be long before he is walking.
I just love that these new fangled high chairs recline. They didn't when my other kids were babies. I don't know if the purpose of the recline is for sleeping but it sure is handy. What is it about eating that makes us so tired?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Adam is such a doll! I love Jesse's shoes, they are awesome! What would guys do without their "honey do" lists?!

Florence Family said...

Good luck on those projects! At least your's get done at your house. Secretly, we all would love to eat and then instantly recline for a nap. Kids just are cuter at it. Hey Jace, ask me about my router experience sometime. I feel your pain!
Lindsi

Judd said...

It really is just too much work to get down from the ladder, once you're up. Too bad you'd just sharpened that chisel :(

Great job on the photos Jesse, I love the flag one too.

Colby love to build with legos too. A lego magazine sounds like just his thing reading and building combined.

I can't believe that Adam is quickly approaching 1year. Where has the time gone.

Becky (aka Judd)