Sunday, September 14, 2008

Work or Fun?






If you're a Mecham and you want to stay warm in the winter then you have to help haul wood. This is a job we "get " to do each fall before the weather turns cold. This year we went up by Malad Idaho. The truck ride up the so called road was very rough, but the leaves are changing and the scenery was beautiful. We drove up and up until we found a couple of dead pine trees close to the road. Jesse and Riley enjoyed exploring while Jace played lumberjack. Jace and I threw the logs up into the truck, while Jesse and Riley worked together to stack the logs. Even though the kids look like they are having fun, there was alot of complaining and whining going on. I think when they grow up this will be one of their best memories. It is alot of work, but nothing beats the warmth of a fire on a cold winter day.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I so remember hauling wood in the summertime with my family. I hated it at the time, but you're right, now it is a great memory. Enjoy the warmth.

Rachel said...

I remember hauling wood in the summer (and winter) with my family too. And also we had to each bring in "three loads of wood" each night before we could go to bed. AHHH, the memories!

ps good job on the blog, kim told me you were going to start one! I will be a regular don't worry! :)