We did all the finish work including closet shelves, door and window molding, and baseboards. That was alot of work! I am now quite good at the finish nail gun.
Here is the trim work with the paint done in our Great Room
We also did the flooring. We layed alot of wood floor because I hate carpet. We only did carpet in the kids bedrooms. We decided to lay the floor and then put baseboards on. But we ended up having to cover the floor with paper so they could paint. Again alot of work!Cabinets were installed (not by us thank goodness)
We then moved on to the railing with alot of trial and error to figure out how to to do. Much safer now!The last big project was the STAIRS. We decided on real wood for the stairs. So I stained and polyed them. Then Jace the master carpenter installed them perfectly and finished the railing. I think the angled railing was the hardest project we tackled. Alot of brain work! So glad it is done! We couldn't have done it with out Adam's help. ;)
Big, Bigger, Biggest. Funny faces
Kitchen all done with lighting done by guess who Jace the master electrician/carpenter/concrete/tile/all around most wonderful husband ever!
A few more small projects like doorknobs oh and the driveway and then we can move in YAY!!!!
2 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Especially the kitchen. It is beautiful :)
I think you could probably move in without those last few things. Let us know when you want help!
Oh. My. Goodness. It is gorgeous! I wish you would've built your house before we did so I could've copied you! Can't wait to have you practically next door! Adam and the twins will most likely be inseparable this summer! :)
Post a Comment