Monday, January 9, 2012

New House Update


I am way behind on the updates! Alot can happen in a month. 
 The walls are now all up.
 The roof is on.
 The windows are in and the columns I wanted so bad are done, but I don't like them they are TOO BIG! We'll have to fix that!
 There will soon be a railing to look over the great room.
 The shingles are done. One column is fixed in this picture doesn't it look much better.
 Jace worked hard in the freezing cold to get the electrical done. A Big Thank you to the friends that helped him!
 The walls are insulated, but its still cold.
And the sheetrock is almost done.

There is still alot of work to do up next Jace and I will be installing tile in the bath and laundry and after that we will be doing the finish work.  Hopefully on the outside the rock and siding will start soon.  This has been a fun process. Yes it has also been stressful and there are alot of decisions to make. Alot of second guessing yourself and for me this process requires alot of patience. I like instant gratification not waiting. All in all it is exciting!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Now you are behind again as I saw the exterior on the other day. very VERY exciting!