Here is a very bad picture of the BEFORE.
As you can see the dresser is a hunter green with fake wood tops.
More BEFORE pictures
The dressers were in pretty good condition except for the tops so with the help from my handy husband we removed and replaced them.
I did not get a before picture of the headboard but it was green and just had slats that were uncomfortale to lean your head against. So we(mostly Jace) took those out and replaced with the beadboard.
AFTER
I painted everything black and put several coats of polyurethane to protect my hard work
AFTER

AFTER

AFTER

I wanted a light distressed look even though it was hard to sand off the paint I so carefully put on, I sanded the edges and used some stain to make it look darker.
AFTER
AFTER
I wanted a light distressed look even though it was hard to sand off the paint I so carefully put on, I sanded the edges and used some stain to make it look darker.
Alot of work but well worth it. The worst part was after we brought the dressers back in the house it took a good week maybe two before we stopped smelling the polyurethane.
Stay tune for some other projects in my makeover!
2 comments:
Looks amazing, I love it!
Good job!!
Post a Comment