Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Out with the Old...


Our old couch has served us well for the last 7 yrs or so, but I could never get it to fit (in a way I liked) in our odd shaped family room.

...in with the new. We shopped around alot and finally found one we liked and would fit in our space. I love it!!!

The fireplace is the first challenge of the room.
The other challenge is the furnace closet(behind TV). For the life of me I can't figure out why the builder made this special closet for the furnace when it would fit better and be quiter in the crawl space. Anyway it leaves this weird little space. The new couch has solved alot of my problems. We are all very happy to be able to spread out.

I wanted a storage ottoman and the one that came with the couch was not. So we shopped around for that too. We ended up finding this at Target. It is actually 2 bench ottomans, but put together they fit nicely and have lots of storage for blankets.
We now have lots of seating everyone is welcome!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

i LOVE it! Great choice......when is movie night at the Mecham's?!

Emily said...

Love it! Glad you found something so nice that works so well! :)