Today I experienced the most scariest 5 minutes of my life, due to a bad parent moment. Jace and I took Adam to the doctor because of a rash he has had on his tummy and legs. After the doctor we went to Shopko Pharmacy to pick up the perscription for Adam. Jace and Adam were waiting in the Pharmacy while I went to look for a gift in the electronic section. Jace called me on the phone and asked if I came and got Adam I said no I left him with you. Jace said I can't find him. I quickly rushed back to the Pharmacy. Jace said he turned to talk to the Pharmacist for a second then turned around and Adam was gone. We franticly searched all the isles with no luck. The Pharmacist was helping us look too. I passed an employee and said I can't find my son, so they announced a CODE GREEN and all the employees were looking for an 18 mth old brown hair boy wearing a green jacket with "Tigger" on it. They also had an employee at the front door to make sure Adam didn't leave the building. Jace had already went outside to check for him. I was sure someone took him because he wasn't anywhere close and I couldn't see him getting that far away so fast. I was so scared my heart was racing and I was not very effective in the search effort. Finally after what seemed like forever an employee found him in the baby clothes section. I was so relieved and happy to see my baby. After I got him back in my arms I smelt the reason why he had to go find a private place. Adam has reached the age where he needs a private place to poop. This was a very tramatic experience my heart did not stop pounding in my chest for several hours.
I am so grateful to the Shopko employees for their quick and efficient efforts in finding my baby. I am so thankful he is home safe with his family tonight. I now have a new perspective and have become more patient with his crying and tantrums. I LOVE YOU ADAM!!!
3 comments:
What a horrifying experience!! So glad it ended well and it's funny he went off to poop (Kissy does that too). Don't feel too bad, I lost Kissy in McDonald's playland once and was sure someone had abducted her (she went to the front counter to look for me). Now I don't let her out of my sight ever! LOL. XOXO
AHHHHH!! I hate that feeling and then you get your mind and thoughts going of all that could have happened. What an awful experience, but one that makes you so grateful and realize how much love you have. Glad all turned out well. Apparently there is a story about Jace doing similar things......that's the impression I got from FB!
I know how that feels!!! Tanner did the same thing (also at ShopKo) and Carter did it at Mervyn's when he was that age. Seriously the sacriest minutes of my life...! I'm SOOOO glad that he was okay and that you found him quickly. Thank goodness! :)
Post a Comment